Excellent opportunity to work for a large travel/cruise line. We are seeking an experienced Buyer to procure and distribute materials and services on time with right quality and best value while satisfying service level requirements. Report directly to the General Procurement Manager, this person will receive reviews and evaluate requisitions for materials, supplies, services and equipment; will consult with departments to develop specifications, and will standardize and combine requirements; invites and accepts bids.
- Implements processes to optimize supply chain effectiveness and drive value.
- Works with internal clients on specification and scope development and procurement strategies.
- Employs best practices for demand, acquisition, and supply of materials including bid list development, RFP issuance, bid analysis, price/cost analysis, negotiations, and contract formation and management.
- Adheres to the department’s purchasing processes in compliance with Company procedures.
- Participates in operational effectiveness reviews and actions operational effectiveness improvement opportunities.
- Communicates purchasing and logistics issues to Supply Chain management and operational departments served using established protocols.
- Researches, and confers and corresponds with vendors, manufacturers, service suppliers and sales representatives, to obtain pricing and product information, service provided and market information, pricing and trends
- Employs department procurement plans to ensure that the Company’s cost of procuring materials and services for operations remain competitive and within targets.
- Ensures that accurate and timely material and service costs are competitively bid and purchases are determined against total cost of ownership.
- Prepares procurement analysis and formulates acquisition and supply recommendations.
- Sources and discovers new technologies and market opportunities to satisfy customer programs, demands, and cost targets.
- Maintains collaborative internal client relationships and utilizes defined tools to ensure added value is achieved by use of Supply Chain.
- Interacts and liaises with clients and employs supply chain disciplines to ensure seamless fulfillment of requirements and customer satisfaction.
- Determines and applies procedures to insure maximum use of purchase orders and that all items are ordered using appropriate purchasing system.
- Participates with the other companies within the organization to share best practices and obtain synergies within the relevant divisions.
- Develops and conducts negotiation and sourcing plans.
- Engages manufacturers and suppliers in collaborative relationships.
- Monitors supplier relationships and performance.
- Develops and executes strategies for improving supplier performance in line with company strategy.
- Shares knowledge about markets and suppliers to influence lower costs and improve value delivered.
- Works with suppliers to understand our business to provide low cost, efficient, and quality goods and services.
- Understands, complies and assures that Department policies and procedures are adhered to in the execution of procurements. Maintains adequate sources of supply to insure company requirements are fulfilled with determined quantity, service and target price.
- Maintains knowledge on company policies and procedures, as well as governmental laws and regulations to assure supply chain activities are properly conducted and compliant.
- Assures all required and relevant information and documentation for each procurement is in effect and kept in compliance with Company policy.
- Promotes the department's strong service across customer groups ethic reinforcing company supply chain objectives and provides feedback in order to monitor performance.
- Facilitates engagement with customer at project ideation and engineering phase to ensure supply chain strategy derives maximum value.
- Bachelor's degree or demonstration of directly related professional experience.
- Minimum of 3 years related experience in supply chain management.
- Ability to communicate clearly (verbal and written) with employees, management, and vendors.
- Ability to negotiate agreements/contracts within established guidelines.
- Ability to meet deadlines, maintain attention to detail and accuracy, while working in a group or team environment.
- Proficiency in the use of computer business applications with working knowledge of computerized purchasing systems.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment including sensitivity to cultural differences and diplomacy.
We want you to love us so much you can’t wait to tell your friends!
About SAGE Staffing
Our mission is to be the most referred administrative/office staffing firm in Santa Clarita and the Antelope Valley. We accomplish this by offering our candidates and clients a remarkable hiring experience.
Our back story
SAGE Staffing was founded in Santa Clarita in 1987, when we were one of the first locally owned and operated staffing firms to be established here. Our client list soon included some of the area's best organizations, such as Princess Cruises, Newhall Land and Farming, the City of Santa Clarita, U.S. Borax, Cal Arts and College of the Canyons.
This solid foundation gave us the ability to expand into the Antelope Valley with a second office in Palmdale. SAGE is now trusted by over 2,500 companies in the Santa Clarita, Antelope and San Fernando Valleys. Candidates and clients throughout the area know they can rely on us for a remarkable hiring experience!