An outstanding opportunity to work for a local cruise line. We are looking for a temporary candidate to assist with a 6-month project.
- Perform accounting tasks, including the coding and auditing of freight-related billings.
- Maintain records of payments in appropriate files and reports. Process payments and code freight bills into the system and distribute via the system for manager approval.
- Work closely with internal and external auditors and customers to collect data, reports, backup information and appropriate approvals. Audit freight-related Accounts Payable (A/P) billings for errors and compliance to negotiated contracts.
- Create and update A/P reports, including those related to expenditures and contract compliance of service providers. Assist in report preparation as directed.
- Perform clerical duties related to A/P record keeping and storage. Prepare documents for storage and handle retrieval requests.
- Provide background information as requested, including information related to contract negotiations and service proposals.
- Perform other accounting and clerical duties required by department supervision.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Some college courses preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Accounting, Accounts Payable and/or invoice auditing.
- Strong Knowledge of MS Excel and Oracle; proficient with MS Word. Working knowledge of Markview preferred.
- Strong communication skills and organizational skills. Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a deadline driven environment.
We want you to love us so much you can’t wait to tell your friends!
About SAGE Staffing
Our mission is to be the most referred administrative/office staffing firm in Santa Clarita and the Antelope Valley. We accomplish this by offering our candidates and clients a remarkable hiring experience.
Our back story
SAGE Staffing was founded in Santa Clarita in 1987, when we were one of the first locally owned and operated staffing firms to be established here. Our client list soon included some of the area's best organizations, such as Princess Cruises, Newhall Land and Farming, the City of Santa Clarita, U.S. Borax, Cal Arts and College of the Canyons.
This solid foundation gave us the ability to expand into the Antelope Valley with a second office in Palmdale. SAGE is now trusted by over 2,500 companies in the Santa Clarita, Antelope and San Fernando Valleys. Candidates and clients throughout the area know they can rely on us for a remarkable hiring experience!