Human Resources Workers Compensation Specialist
Sage Staffing has a fantastic opportunity for a driven and skilled Human Resources Specialist! A very professional and reliable client of ours is in need of a Human Resources guru who has an advanced understanding of Human Resources Laws; specifically in Workers Compensation and Federal/State Leave of Absence Laws. This is a temp-to-hire opportunity with an excellent company located in Lancaster, CA.
• Prepare, plan, coordinate, and conduct employee information meeting and supplemental meetings
• Verify Leave of Absence eligibility; confer with the Payroll Department as necessary
• Complete company and State forms, including First Report of Injury forms
• Record data in HRIS
• Coordinate employee Leave of Absence with the Benefits Department
• Assist in the development and implementation of related policies and procedures
• Monitor and track leave of absences; create and utilize tracking reports
• Monitor and track Workers Compensation injury claims; create and utilize tracking reports
• Coordinate and communicate employee leave of absence and workers compensation information with the Benefits Department, Payroll Department, Facilities Department
• Send correspondence and communications within required timelines
• Collaborate with Safety personnel, as necessary, on work accommodations and applicable IIPP Guide procedures
• Conduct and document Interactive Process meetings
• Interface with Workers Compensation insurance carrier representatives
• Provide updates to management
• Suggest new approaches for continual improvements in leave of absence efficiency
• Maintain compliance with federal and state regulations
• Maintain medical information with confidentiality
• Keep abreast of changes and updates in Human Resources regulations
• Participate in staff meetings
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, ETC:
• Knowledge and understanding of Human Resources laws, Workers Compensation, Federal and State Leave of Absence Laws
• Organization skills
• Ability to handle large scale projects with competing priorities and deadlines
• Ability to generate, interpret, and communicate data from statistical reports
• Verbal, written, and technical presentation skills
• Completion of High School Diploma; college degree preferred
• Human Resources Certification a plus
• 3 years of Human Resources experience
• Experience in Leave of Absence administration
• Proficient in Human Resources Information System
• Proficient in MS Office Word, Excel, Email
• Exceptional skill in communicating with diverse groups of people in a wide range of situations
TRAVEL: Ability to travel in performance of duties.
We want you to love us so much you can’t wait to tell your friends!
About SAGE Staffing
Our mission is to be the most referred administrative/office staffing firm in Santa Clarita and the Antelope Valley. We accomplish this by offering our candidates and clients a remarkable hiring experience.
Our back story
SAGE Staffing was founded in Santa Clarita in 1987, when we were one of the first locally owned and operated staffing firms to be established here. Our client list soon included some of the area's best organizations, such as Princess Cruises, Newhall Land and Farming, the City of Santa Clarita, U.S. Borax, Cal Arts and College of the Canyons.
This solid foundation gave us the ability to expand into the Antelope Valley with a second office in Palmdale. SAGE is now trusted by over 2,500 companies in the Santa Clarita, Antelope and San Fernando Valleys. Candidates and clients throughout the area know they can rely on us for a remarkable hiring experience!