IT Help Desk Technician
Sage Staffing is currently seeking a Help Desk Technician for one of our clients located in the Antelope Valley. This is a great temp-to-hire position for any motivated technician looking to work for a reputable company!
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists customer with inquiries concerning systems operation and acts as first line support to diagnose system software, hardware, and/or customer issues
- Assists end users with proper instruction of software applications and computer equipment
- Answers, evaluates, and prioritizes incoming telephone calls, voice mails and e-mail requests for assistance
- Refers more complex problems to IT Manager, technical staff or analyst staff when appropriate
- Interviews end users to collect information about issues and leads end users through diagnostic procedures to determine source of error and if possible troubleshoots the issue
- Consults with ITSG staff to explain software errors or to recommend changes to programs
- Calls software and hardware vendors at the direction of ITSG management to request service regarding issues
- Provides status updates and completion of issues to IT Manager, problem request tracking system, and/or end users in a timely manner
- Escalates significant issues to IT Managers as appropriate
- Loads specified software packages that are authorized by AVH management
- Replaces defective or inadequate software packages when directed by ITSG management.
- Enters commands and monitors system functions to verify correct operation of systems in the Data Center.
- Contacts appropriate team members if issues or errors arise in the Data Center
- Assists in the development of training materials such as exercises and visual displays as requested by management.
- Provides and maintains all required documentation to support terminal installations including terminal installation notices
- Answers Data Center phone calls within 3 rings
Education and Experience: Education
- High School Diploma is required
- Associates Degree in Computer Science is preferred
- Some coursework in Computer Science is required
- Three or more years' experience in the Help Desk support and remote user support for resolving application and hardware issues is required
- Experience with Active Directory for account creation is required
- Experience in working with IBM, Lenovo, HP, Dell hardware is preferred
- Experience with Remedy System is preferred
Preferred Licensure and/or Certifications:
- A+ Certification preferred
- MCP is preferred
- Net+ is preferred
We want you to love us so much you can’t wait to tell your friends!
About SAGE Staffing
Our mission is to be the most referred administrative/office staffing firm in Santa Clarita and the Antelope Valley. We accomplish this by offering our candidates and clients a remarkable hiring experience.
Our back story
SAGE Staffing was founded in Santa Clarita in 1987, when we were one of the first locally owned and operated staffing firms to be established here. Our client list soon included some of the area's best organizations, such as Princess Cruises, Newhall Land and Farming, the City of Santa Clarita, U.S. Borax, Cal Arts and College of the Canyons.
This solid foundation gave us the ability to expand into the Antelope Valley with a second office in Palmdale. SAGE is now trusted by over 2,500 companies in the Santa Clarita, Antelope and San Fernando Valleys. Candidates and clients throughout the area know they can rely on us for a remarkable hiring experience!