Insurance Reimbursement Specialist
We currently have an excellent opportunity for a motivated insurance specialist at a superb medical technology company. You will be a key player in providing various services in the area of insurance reimbursement. If you are interested in growing with a reputable company in the medical industry, apply now!
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Establish working relationship with centers’ billing staff. Answer telephone inquiries and obtains necessary information to set up patient charts and maintain files.
2. Refers patients to appropriate center for medical evaluation. Act as liaison, where necessary, to facilitate completion of evaluation.
3. Verify benefits, prepare and file pre-authorization requests and medical claims. Complete standard follow-through calls and monitor status of case until approved.
4. Maintain and update medical insurance database; understand full consequences for input into database.
5. Assist subordinates in preparing materials for presentation to clinics and insurers, e.g., appeals packages, updates for Insurance Guidebook, and related materials.
6. Coordinate with subordinates and supervisor with regard to complicated and problem cases and assist in appeals process.
7. Perform other related duties as assigned, including special projects.
EXPERIENCE: Experience in medical insurance required. Experience with medical device prior authorization preferred.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
1. Ability to communicate well with medical personnel, insurance representatives, customers and their families. Knowledge of the language of the medical profession. Be able to facilitate and educate, where necessary, between medical profession and customers.
2. Diplomacy, persistence, attention to detail in all facets of position. Sound administrative skills, to include written correspondence composition, and verbal communication skills in dealing with difficult situations.
Windows 95/Office 97, Excel (to include spreadsheet programs and preparation), and Access proficiency.
EDUCATION and TRAINING: High school diploma or equivalent required; college undergraduate degree preferred.
We want you to love us so much you can’t wait to tell your friends!
About SAGE Staffing
Our mission is to be the most referred administrative/office staffing firm in Santa Clarita and the Antelope Valley. We accomplish this by offering our candidates and clients a remarkable hiring experience.
Our back story
SAGE Staffing was founded in Santa Clarita in 1987, when we were one of the first locally owned and operated staffing firms to be established here. Our client list soon included some of the area's best organizations, such as Princess Cruises, Newhall Land and Farming, the City of Santa Clarita, U.S. Borax, Cal Arts and College of the Canyons.
This solid foundation gave us the ability to expand into the Antelope Valley with a second office in Palmdale. SAGE is now trusted by over 2,500 companies in the Santa Clarita, Antelope and San Fernando Valleys. Candidates and clients throughout the area know they can rely on us for a remarkable hiring experience!