Excellent opportunity for an experienced Payroll Specialist. Work locally for an outstanding organization, no need to commute!
Role and Responsibilities:
Responsible for processing in-house branch field payroll by collecting time sheets and entering hours worked by field employees into the payroll system. High volume processing, will be processing for about 1200 field employees for CA, NV, and AZ.
- Export, balance, process and accrue field payroll for both construction and maintenance.
- Post all payroll on a weekly basis.
- Process prevailing wage payroll and run reports to ensure company is in compliance.
- Run reports out of Time Summit, and provide reports to branch personnel
- Process new hire’s paperwork.
- Verify and complete I-9 Form documentation.
- Enter new employees into the payroll software and HRIS
- Enter weekly time worked into the payroll software.
- Adhere to deadlines as set by corporate.
- Meet month-end deadlines.
- Auto batching and inputting into the paperless system
- Maintain field employee files.
- Consult with the Senior Payroll Administrator regarding discrepancies and/or problems.
- Enters data into Timberline to record employee work hours as it relates to usage of company vehicles and equipment; generates related equipment list reports.
- Prepares electronic correspondence, reports and other forms of written communications.
- Assists with special projects as required.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
High school diploma or GED; or 3 to 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must possess strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize multiple concurrent tasks and projects. Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; and monitors own work to ensure quality. Excellent verbal and written communications skills. Proficient in Microsoft Office 2010 (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint). Bilingual Spanish is a plus. Must be flexible and willing to handle multiple tasks.
We want you to love us so much you can’t wait to tell your friends!
About SAGE Staffing
Our mission is to be the most referred administrative/office staffing firm in Santa Clarita and the Antelope Valley. We accomplish this by offering our candidates and clients a remarkable hiring experience.
Our back story
SAGE Staffing was founded in Santa Clarita in 1987, when we were one of the first locally owned and operated staffing firms to be established here. Our client list soon included some of the area's best organizations, such as Princess Cruises, Newhall Land and Farming, the City of Santa Clarita, U.S. Borax, Cal Arts and College of the Canyons.
This solid foundation gave us the ability to expand into the Antelope Valley with a second office in Palmdale. SAGE is now trusted by over 2,500 companies in the Santa Clarita, Antelope and San Fernando Valleys. Candidates and clients throughout the area know they can rely on us for a remarkable hiring experience!