Valencia, CA 91355
Our client is a world renowned leader in the medical device field and is looking for an experienced Financial Analyst. This position is responsible for providing financial planning and analysis support. The Finance Operations Analyst will be a key team member of the FP&A team, partnering closely with accounting and operations. As a Finance Operations Analyst you will be asked to evaluate, analyze, and budget for financial & manufacturing operations. The Financial Operations Analyst will be expected to evaluate and analyze financial data to support corporate planning and commercial marketing decisions. Must have the skill set to monitor and analyze corporate trends, variances and results along with the business acumen to recommend actions, options, or strategies to management. Will provide support on measuring product cost builds (i.e., raw material purchases, labor usage and O/H). A successful candidate will have experience evaluating and analyzing revenue channels and operational cost structures in addition to a strong working knowledge of the cyclical financial budgeting & planning process.
- Provide financial planning and analytic services, including:
- Budgeting / Planning / Forecasting
- Evaluating and analyzing actual results against plans and forecasts
- Investment proposal analysis and post implementation assessment
- Client support & reporting
- Maintain internal FP&A operating parameters and reporting system.
- Provide ongoing FP&A support to cross-functional areas.
- Research and collect data on cost methods, processes and practices and provide reporting on effectiveness as well as recommending options or action items.
- Translate operational findings into actionable insights that can impact production processes and facility management.
- Ability to use modeling as a predictive tool to measure performance initiatives against established standards, cost parameters or other performance indicators.
- Ability to interpret dashboard sales information to evaluate customer, channel and regional data trends to measure performance against established quotas.
- Special projects and analysis as required.
- Able to adjust to change productively and to perform other essential tasks assigned
Three to five years of work experience in accounting or finance, preferably a combination of both. Must possess a solid working knowledge of accounting. Experience in a manufacturing environment Cost Accounting processes is a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong analytical and critical thinking with high attention to detail.
- Strong technical experience in financial accounting & planning with experience analyzing financial reporting data and statements (i.e., IS, BS, CF).
- Ability to evaluate operational spend activity, trends and dissect effectiveness of each.
- Comprehensive understanding of financial ratio analysis and statistical data.
- Evaluate operational cost drivers versus standard performance measures.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft applications (Excel. Word, PowerPoint).
- Working experience with ERP applications; QAD Enterprise a plus.
- Working experience with Salesforce or comparable CRM systems.
- Works well under pressure and adapts to shifting priorities.
- Ability to manage & lead multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in deadline driven environment.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
We want you to love us so much you can’t wait to tell your friends!
About SAGE Staffing
Our mission is to be the most referred administrative/office staffing firm in Santa Clarita and the Antelope Valley. We accomplish this by offering our candidates and clients a remarkable hiring experience.
Our back story
SAGE Staffing was founded in Santa Clarita in 1987, when we were one of the first locally owned and operated staffing firms to be established here. Our client list soon included some of the area's best organizations, such as Princess Cruises, Newhall Land and Farming, the City of Santa Clarita, U.S. Borax, Cal Arts and College of the Canyons.
This solid foundation gave us the ability to expand into the Antelope Valley with a second office in Palmdale. SAGE is now trusted by over 2,500 companies in the Santa Clarita, Antelope and San Fernando Valleys. Candidates and clients throughout the area know they can rely on us for a remarkable hiring experience!