Jr. Buyer (Procurement)
Valencia, CA 91355
The Junior Buyer will be assisting with procurement of aerospace materials; will also be responsible for effectively managing the planning and acquisition of assigned commodities, analysis of MRP requirements, purchase order placement, to support requirements while following established company policies and procedures.
Additional Job Details:
- Analyze, maintain, and execute Materials Requirement Plan (MRP)
- The commodities to procure include but are not limited to: Machine Parts, Hardware, MRO, Sole-Sourced Components, and Services
- Monitor and verify materials pipeline to ensure it fully supports MRP requirements
- Identify and develop new suppliers
- Issue request for quotations, examine bids, and place purchase orders
- Monitor and manage supplier cost, delivery, and quality performance
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities to improve processes and reduce overall costs
- Responsible for negotiating and managing cost effective procurement contracts and long-term agreements
- Perform other related duties as required
Schedule: Monday-Friday 8AM-5PM *This is a temporary project estimated to run 3-6 months.
Pay Rate: $18-$20/Hour
Location: Valencia, CA
Qualifications: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent job experience
- 3 years purchasing and planning experience, preferably in Aerospace industry
- Proven negotiations skills and the ability to manage multiple suppliers to deliver positive value to the organization
- Experience and strong understanding of MRP / ERP systems
- Ability to read engineering drawings and knowledge of Bill of Materials (BOM) structure
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize as necessary
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Strong communication and ability to interact with internal and external customers including Senior Leadership
- Highly responsive to internal and external customer requirements, with a high attention to detail
- Self motivated, persistent, result oriented, well organized with ability to handle multiple projects within expected time frame
- Aerospace / Defense experience preferred
- CPIM certifications desirable
We want you to love us so much you can’t wait to tell your friends!
About SAGE Staffing
Our mission is to be the most referred administrative/office staffing firm in Santa Clarita and the Antelope Valley. We accomplish this by offering our candidates and clients a remarkable hiring experience.
Our back story
SAGE Staffing was founded in Santa Clarita in 1987, when we were one of the first locally owned and operated staffing firms to be established here. Our client list soon included some of the area's best organizations, such as Princess Cruises, Newhall Land and Farming, the City of Santa Clarita, U.S. Borax, Cal Arts and College of the Canyons.
This solid foundation gave us the ability to expand into the Antelope Valley with a second office in Palmdale. SAGE is now trusted by over 2,500 companies in the Santa Clarita, Antelope and San Fernando Valleys. Candidates and clients throughout the area know they can rely on us for a remarkable hiring experience!