Lancaster, CA 93534
Great opportunity to utilize your payroll skills. Work for a great organization, as a Payroll Technician.
- Post entries from supportive records
- Perform reconciliations (e.g. payroll, returned checks, accounts receivable, cash reconciliations for the City's cash/investment portfolio, and other asset or liability accounts).
- Research and answer department questions regarding the status of account reconciliations.
- Participate in preparing and reviewing invoices for assigned accounts; audit invoices for accuracy; authorize payments in accordance with approved purchase orders; maintain record of payments received.
- Operate computer equipment, 10-key calculator, and other common office machines.
- Ability to work independently under pressure; proactive thinker/self-starter.
- Ability to interpret and carry out a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
This a temp project for about 6 months.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of accounting and auditing including general ledger, debit, credit, journal entries and audit procedures.; knowledge of methods and techniques of analyzing general ledgers and preparing journal entries.
- Knowledge of computerized accounting and financial systems; knowledge of methods and techniques of preparing financial reports and statements.
- Ability to reconcile and adjust financial statements with the general ledger; ability to prepare and maintain accurate financial statements, records and reports.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations with speed and accuracy; ability to analyze complex financial transactions and formulas.
We want you to love us so much you can’t wait to tell your friends!
About SAGE Staffing
Our mission is to be the most referred administrative/office staffing firm in Santa Clarita and the Antelope Valley. We accomplish this by offering our candidates and clients a remarkable hiring experience.
Our back story
SAGE Staffing was founded in Santa Clarita in 1987, when we were one of the first locally owned and operated staffing firms to be established here. Our client list soon included some of the area's best organizations, such as Princess Cruises, Newhall Land and Farming, the City of Santa Clarita, U.S. Borax, Cal Arts and College of the Canyons.
This solid foundation gave us the ability to expand into the Antelope Valley with a second office in Palmdale. SAGE is now trusted by over 2,500 companies in the Santa Clarita, Antelope and San Fernando Valleys. Candidates and clients throughout the area know they can rely on us for a remarkable hiring experience!