Valencia, CA 91355
Purchasing Manager Job Posting
Based in Valencia, CA, an aircraft manufacturer is seeking a Purchasing Manager to join their team on a direct hire basis. Seeking an enthusiastic, proactive self-starter to make a great addition to their management team.
Partnering with key manufacturers to produce crucial components, systems and subsystems required to help maintain a competitive and technological advantage. They provide design, development and support of internally designed components, subsystems and systems, as well as production of complex assemblies using external designs.
- Risk and opportunity management with a focus in process engineering and collaboration across the value stream. Continuous improvement and maximizing program return on sales with a focus on reducing cost and improving product quality performance.
- Primary customer contact for team quality activities, leading review sessions with customer to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance.
- Maintaining close integration with customer to quickly adapt to changing environment and responsible for maintaining customer relationship both externally and internally.
- Establishing milestones and monitoring adherence to master plans and schedules, identifies program problems and obtains solutions.
- Managing utilization of statistical methods and preventive action methods to evaluate and initiate actions to identify and control sources of variation detrimental to quality, cost, and schedule targets.
- Initiating effort to conduct/coordinate process and product evaluations and assessments. Emphasis will be placed on validation of key process capability.
- Scope of responsibility also includes; quality and cost data analysis, root cause corrective and preventive action, supplier quality integration tasks, along with area or multiple area improvement strategy and planning.
Schedule: Monday-Friday 8AM-5PM
Location: Valencia, CA
- Bachelor's degree in technical field such as Engineering, Math or Science and/or 7 years of related aerospace quality management/leadership experience.
- Minimum 5 years technical leadership/management experience.
- Proven ability to assess current needs and resources to build a strong team.
- Aerospace/Aviation industry experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of AS9100 regulations.
- MS Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Ability to work well with all levels within the organization to drive cultural change where needed.
- Excellent interpersonal skills for collaboration, communication and presentations.
- Strong communication and change management skills with ability to lead through change
- CQE, CQM or NDI certifications a plus.
- Experience working with Boeing, Lockheed, DCMA, NAVAIR, Bombardier, FAA or another commercial OEMs a plus.
- APQP, Lean Six Sigma, 8D RCCA, Error Proofing, Human Factors.
- SYTELINE (CloudSuite Industrial) preferred, or other ERP system experience.
- MES/Teamcenter or equivalent.
We want you to love us so much you can’t wait to tell your friends!
About SAGE Staffing
Our mission is to be the most referred administrative/office staffing firm in Santa Clarita and the Antelope Valley. We accomplish this by offering our candidates and clients a remarkable hiring experience.
Our back story
SAGE Staffing was founded in Santa Clarita in 1987, when we were one of the first locally owned and operated staffing firms to be established here. Our client list soon included some of the area's best organizations, such as Princess Cruises, Newhall Land and Farming, the City of Santa Clarita, U.S. Borax, Cal Arts and College of the Canyons.
This solid foundation gave us the ability to expand into the Antelope Valley with a second office in Palmdale. SAGE is now trusted by over 2,500 companies in the Santa Clarita, Antelope and San Fernando Valleys. Candidates and clients throughout the area know they can rely on us for a remarkable hiring experience!