Mojave, CA 93502
Sr. Buyer Processor Job Posting
An aerospace manufacturer out in the Antelope Valley area is seeking a Sr. Buyer to join their team! This is a management role in which a minimum of 2 years experience in a Senior level role or higher is required. In this role, you will be purchasing order placements and supporting requirements while following established company policies and procedures.
This aerospace company needs someone to assist with the procurement of aerospace materials and effectively managing the planning and acquisition of assigned commodities. Will be responsible for negotiating and managing cost effective procurement contracts and long-term agreements. Must have excellent communication/customer service skills to build and maintain lasting relationships with vendors.
This position will be responsible for complex procurement methods that require a greater degree of experience, knowledge, and professionalism. The Buyer obtains materials from suppliers at the lowest cost consistent with considerations of quality, reliability of source and urgency of need. Studies market trends; analyzes quotations received; interviews suppliers; selects or recommends suppliers with whom work orders are to be placed, and schedules deliveries. Having prior experience in an aerospace setting and knowledge with planning and purchasing. Also, looking for an individual with strong analytical skills, ability to multi-task, and prioritize projects at any give time.
What you bring:
- Possess an established track record of negotiating pricing and sourcing vendors, through the market.
- Ability to evaluate purchase order, purchase request and generate reports.
- Previous experience in supply chain, buying, and procurement
- Current C.P.M. certification
- Experience using MS Office Suite and various metric and SAE systems.
- Knowledge of NPI, R&D, program RFQ Activity
- Ability to perform complex tasks, as well as analyze and solve problems.
Location: Mojave, CA
Apply right away or call 661.254.4026 and ask for Jared. We can't wait to hear from you!
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent job experience
- 2 years purchasing and planning experience, preferably in the aerospace industry
- Proven negotiation skills and the ability to manage multiple suppliers to deliver positive value to the organization
- Ability to read engineering drawings and know of (BOM) structure
- Experience and strong understanding of MRP/ERP systems
We want you to love us so much you can’t wait to tell your friends!
About SAGE Staffing
Our mission is to be the most referred administrative/office staffing firm in Santa Clarita and the Antelope Valley. We accomplish this by offering our candidates and clients a remarkable hiring experience.
Our back story
SAGE Staffing was founded in Santa Clarita in 1987, when we were one of the first locally owned and operated staffing firms to be established here. Our client list soon included some of the area's best organizations, such as Princess Cruises, Newhall Land and Farming, the City of Santa Clarita, U.S. Borax, Cal Arts and College of the Canyons.
This solid foundation gave us the ability to expand into the Antelope Valley with a second office in Palmdale. SAGE is now trusted by over 2,500 companies in the Santa Clarita, Antelope and San Fernando Valleys. Candidates and clients throughout the area know they can rely on us for a remarkable hiring experience!