Valencia, CA 91355
A leader in the travel industry is seeking an experienced Staff Accountant to join their team on a temp-to-hire basis.
A successful Staff Accountant works with the entire accounting department and performs various duties, including: maintaining the general ledger, reviewing financial statements, preparing financial reports, assisting with audits and budgeting processes, and reconciling accounts.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- In depth foreign currency analysis and journal entry preparation
- Prepares and analyzes balance sheet reconciliations and supporting documentation with a focus on operational efficiencies and accounting compliance
- Leads and/or participates in multiple projects, including the development of comprehensive project plans, and completes assignments within established time lines
- Participates in workflow and system enhancement design and implementations, and ensures proper testing of related system revisions are within department standards
- Performs/supports required SOX testing and provides related schedules and support to internal and external auditors
Location: Valencia, CA 91355
Hours: 9/80 Schedule | Monday - Friday
Compensation: $30-$34/Hour, Depending on Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 2-3 years' experience in a Finance related function
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent organization and oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of internal controls (and Sarbanes Oxley as applicable)
- Knowledge of financial/ accounting systems, Oracle preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
We want you to love us so much you can’t wait to tell your friends!
About SAGE Staffing
Our mission is to be the most referred administrative/office staffing firm in Santa Clarita and the Antelope Valley. We accomplish this by offering our candidates and clients a remarkable hiring experience.
Our back story
SAGE Staffing was founded in Santa Clarita in 1987, when we were one of the first locally owned and operated staffing firms to be established here. Our client list soon included some of the area's best organizations, such as Princess Cruises, Newhall Land and Farming, the City of Santa Clarita, U.S. Borax, Cal Arts and College of the Canyons.
This solid foundation gave us the ability to expand into the Antelope Valley with a second office in Palmdale. SAGE is now trusted by over 2,500 companies in the Santa Clarita, Antelope and San Fernando Valleys. Candidates and clients throughout the area know they can rely on us for a remarkable hiring experience!