Workers Compensation Specialist
Excellent opportunity to work for a local educational facility! We are searching for an experienced Workers Compensation Specialist.
The Workers Compensation Specialist coordinates the workers’ compensation program for California employees. Works with leadership to develop programs to ensure a safe working environment for employees and to control costs.
- Responsible to manage claims with external carriers and attorneys from employee’s first report of injury to resolution with a focus on ensuring the employee receives the right care for the type of injury and returning the employee to work as quickly as possible.
- Works closely with the selected medical providers to communicate and establish protocols.
- Reviews industrial claims and discuss cases and treatment plans.
- Completes all required reporting and filings for WC claims, follows case through course of treatment and schedules follow up and referral visits.
- Gathers all necessary information from providers to assure timely/accurate billing and reporting.
This is a contract assignment for about 1 year, $25/hour.
- Expert level experience with all WC related reporting
- Exceptional writing skills, computer skills, organization, teamwork and reporting skills are essential.
- Highly skilled in making appropriate decisions following standard procedures and identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Highly skilled in working accurately with attention to detail in order to identify and correct errors and/or discrepancies.
- Highly skilled in analyzing problematic situations, identifying trends, formulating logical conclusions, understanding possible ramifications, making recommendations and working toward a resolution.
We want you to love us so much you can’t wait to tell your friends!
About SAGE Staffing
Our mission is to be the most referred administrative/office staffing firm in Santa Clarita and the Antelope Valley. We accomplish this by offering our candidates and clients a remarkable hiring experience.
Our back story
SAGE Staffing was founded in Santa Clarita in 1987, when we were one of the first locally owned and operated staffing firms to be established here. Our client list soon included some of the area's best organizations, such as Princess Cruises, Newhall Land and Farming, the City of Santa Clarita, U.S. Borax, Cal Arts and College of the Canyons.
This solid foundation gave us the ability to expand into the Antelope Valley with a second office in Palmdale. SAGE is now trusted by over 2,500 companies in the Santa Clarita, Antelope and San Fernando Valleys. Candidates and clients throughout the area know they can rely on us for a remarkable hiring experience!