Lancaster, CA US
An Agency that supports the Antelope Valley School District is looking for an Accounting Technician to join their team! This position is full-time and has the potential to get permanent for the right candidate.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assist the Finance and Accounting Manager in the preparation of the Agency’s annual budget and year-end audit functions.
2. Perform a variety of responsible accounting duties; maintain financial and statistical records related to assigned areas of accounting and coordinate these areas with other accounting functions.
3. Manage accounts receivable duties to collect amounts owed to the Agency. Assure payments, receipts and documentation are in accordance with Agency, county, state, and federal laws, regulations, and procedures.
4. Responsible for agency revolving cash accounts, check preparation, collections and account reconciliations.
5. Post receipts and expenditures according to established procedures; verify proper authorization, account codes and availability of funds for requisitions; post to proper computerized account and process.
6. Manage the purchase order system, including creation, adjustments, and year-end closing procedures. Handle inquiries from departments regarding applicable budgets and purchase order status.
7. Assist the Manager with the preparation of internal and external reporting, as well as prepare and maintain end-of-year and periodic records, reports, documents and files; distribute reports and documents as assigned.
8. Participate in cross-training of other department tasks.
9. Perform related duties as assigned.
Rate of Pay: $20-25/hour
Schedule: Monday-Friday 7am-4pm
Please contact us at 661-254-4026 today for more information!
- REQUIRED: Associates Degree in accounting, business or related disciplines.
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in the same disciplines listed in Item 1.
- Possess equivalent experience can be demonstrated with three years of increasingly responsible and varied financial and statistical experience, along with demonstrated ability to perform the duties of the class.
- Proficiency with personal computers and Microsoft Office, with emphasis on Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook. and other software packages, such as QuickBooks.
- Knowledge of accounting practices and procedures; financial and statistical record-keeping techniques; methods, procedures and terminology used in assigned staff-level accounting duties. Laws, rules and regulations related to assigned activities,
- Perform responsible and advanced accounting procedures. Accounting duties in the maintenance of assigned accounts; prepare and maintain accurate financial and statistical records; verify, balance and adjust accounts and process and record accounting transactions accurately; establish and maintain effective working relationships. Ability to function effectively in a team environment.
- Possess a valid and appropriate California Driver's License and qualify for insurability with the Agency's insurance carrier.
- Candidates for this classification may be required to attain a satisfactory score on an examination designed to test accounting skills appropriate to this classification.
We want you to love us so much you can’t wait to tell your friends!
About SAGE Staffing
Our mission is to be the most referred administrative/office staffing firm in Santa Clarita and the Antelope Valley. We accomplish this by offering our candidates and clients a remarkable hiring experience.
Our back story
SAGE Staffing was founded in Santa Clarita in 1987, when we were one of the first locally owned and operated staffing firms to be established here. Our client list soon included some of the area's best organizations, such as Princess Cruises, Newhall Land and Farming, the City of Santa Clarita, U.S. Borax, Cal Arts and College of the Canyons.
This solid foundation gave us the ability to expand into the Antelope Valley with a second office in Palmdale. SAGE is now trusted by over 2,500 companies in the Santa Clarita, Antelope and San Fernando Valleys. Candidates and clients throughout the area know they can rely on us for a remarkable hiring experience!