Admission and Records Office Assistant
Van Nuys, CA 91406
An independent charter school located in the heart of the San Fernando Valley area is seeking to hire an Admission and Records office assistant. This is a full-time, long-term temporary position.
In this position, the Admission and Records assistant will perform a variety of diversified clerical duties in support of the office. Responsibilities will include collecting, assessing, and processing documents and forms for admitting new students and for transferring students to other schools.
- Answer telephones and greet the public courteously
- Assist in the residency verification and determination of applicants seeking admission to the school
- Verify, evaluate, and process applications for admissions
- Verify education completion including graduation
- Calculate and check accuracy for students’ credits
- Check, file, and post semester credit stickers and data labels
- Respond to inquiries and provide a variety of information to staff, students, parents, and the public in a tactful and courteous manner
- Answer phones, professionally greets callers, take, and distribute messages accurately
- Set up, input, and maintain student files
- Maintain confidentiality of student records
- Request or provide information and records as necessary to assure completeness and accuracy of admissions process and maintenance of student records
- Receive, sort, and distribute mail; coordinates mailings and copying; prepare and distribute informational packets and bulk mailings as directed
- Collect various fees for id’s, transcripts, diplomas, and records
- Participate in a variety of special projects as assigned
- Organize files, keep accurate records
- Assist in providing support to other offices when needed
- Perform related duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- An Associate of Arts degree from a recognized two-year college or equivalent quarter units from a recognized college or university is preferred.
- Advanced computer skills (i.e., experience with Microsoft Suite, Google docs, sheets, forms).
- Ability to interpret and converse bilingually in English and Spanish required
- Detail Oriented. Ability to work with student information systems
- Two years of experience in a similar position strongly preferred
- Knowledge of record keeping and report preparation
- Ability to maintain complete confidentiality of sensitive information
- Understand, interpret, and apply pertinent rules, guidelines and procedures pertaining to student admissions and records
- Must be adept at problem-solving, including being able to identify issues and resolve programs in a timely manner
- This position will require proof of full vaccination, Fingerprint Live Scan and TB clearance
Position Type: Long-term, temporary.
Schedule: Full-time; Monday – Friday, 7:30am – 4:30pm
Location: Van Nuys, CA.
Apply right away or call 661.254.4026 for a same day interview. We can't wait to hear from you!
We want you to love us so much you can’t wait to tell your friends!
About SAGE Staffing
Our mission is to be the most referred administrative/office staffing firm in Santa Clarita and the Antelope Valley. We accomplish this by offering our candidates and clients a remarkable hiring experience.
Our back story
SAGE Staffing was founded in Santa Clarita in 1987, when we were one of the first locally owned and operated staffing firms to be established here. Our client list soon included some of the area's best organizations, such as Princess Cruises, Newhall Land and Farming, the City of Santa Clarita, U.S. Borax, Cal Arts and College of the Canyons.
This solid foundation gave us the ability to expand into the Antelope Valley with a second office in Palmdale. SAGE is now trusted by over 2,500 companies in the Santa Clarita, Antelope and San Fernando Valleys. Candidates and clients throughout the area know they can rely on us for a remarkable hiring experience!