Santa Clarita, CA 91355
One of Southern California’s fastest growing construction companies is looking for a highly motivated Bid Coordinator to join their team. Suitable candidates must have experience in clerical/administration work and be very adept in electronic document management. Strong written and verbal communication skills, dependability, and self-motivation are necessary.
The Bid Coordinator will work closely between the Estimators and Project Managers to ensure successful and timely completion for budgets and formal proposals. Specific tasks include, but are not limited to, assisting project managers in reviewing drawings, writing project scopes, managing submittals, locating subcontractors interested in bidding projects, distributing construction documents, gathering sub-contractor bids, and helping with day-to-day job-related tasks.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overseeing and managing the bid and proposal documentation process.
- Reviews and understands contract bid instructions and requirements.
- Compiles and formats internal information to meet contract owner specification.
- Orders plans, bonds and other documents as required.
- Assures insurance requirements are met
- Organize, manages, and maintains all bid files, both electronically and paper.
- Completes pre-qualification packages by obtaining information from multiple sources.
- Providing general administrative support, including composition of routine and advanced correspondence, typing reports, etc.
- Maintaining calendars of appointments; interfacing in professional manner with company personnel and outside parties to coordinate meetings, conference calls, and appointments.
- Organizing and filing paperwork, including confidential and time-sensitive material; preparing presentations, maintaining records and data systems.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field or equivalent experience preferred
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience working in a Construction office environment or related field.
- Knowledge of construction principles, techniques, and procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong research and organizational skills.
- Willingness to make a high volume of phone calls for bid solicitation.
- Ability to work effectively independently and in a team-based environment.
- Excellent organizational, time-management and multi-tasking capabilities.
- Must be proficient with MS Office Suite, and on-line file hosting programs.
Pay Range: $18.00 – $24.00/hour (DOE)
Position Type: Full-time, temp-to-hire.
Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:00AM – 5:00PM.
Location: Santa Clarita, CA
Apply right away or call 661.254.4026 and ask for Matt. We can't wait to hear from you!
We want you to love us so much you can’t wait to tell your friends!
About SAGE Staffing
Our mission is to be the most referred administrative/office staffing firm in Santa Clarita and the Antelope Valley. We accomplish this by offering our candidates and clients a remarkable hiring experience.
Our back story
SAGE Staffing was founded in Santa Clarita in 1987, when we were one of the first locally owned and operated staffing firms to be established here. Our client list soon included some of the area's best organizations, such as Princess Cruises, Newhall Land and Farming, the City of Santa Clarita, U.S. Borax, Cal Arts and College of the Canyons.
This solid foundation gave us the ability to expand into the Antelope Valley with a second office in Palmdale. SAGE is now trusted by over 2,500 companies in the Santa Clarita, Antelope and San Fernando Valleys. Candidates and clients throughout the area know they can rely on us for a remarkable hiring experience!