Canyon Country, CA 91351 US
We are seeking an experienced and detail-oriented Estimator to join an Electrical Contracting client. As an Estimator, you will play a crucial role in our construction projects, helping us accurately estimate project costs and timelines. Your expertise will ensure that we can provide competitive pricing to our clients and complete projects within budget. We are looking for someone who is highly organized, has excellent analytical skills, and is able to work independently as well as collaboratively with our team.
• Prepare proposal specifications and drawings to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate and prepare proposals.
• Experience on commercial and Industrial projects.
• Attend pre-bid meetings and/or tour job sites to confirm requisite take-offs
• Prepare estimates by calculating complete take-off of scope of work
• Maintain files of working documents as back-up for estimate figures, including information on pricing from suppliers obtained through direct contact, sales brochures, price lists, software uploads, etc.
• Support other department personnel as required; may include assisting with estimates in other disciplines
• May review design options and recommend the best solution based on cost, engineering quality, and/or availability of materials
• Interface with clients on bid-walks
• May provide support to field operations regarding electrical estimates
• Perform additional assignments per supervisor's direction
• Review owner drawing and specifications to develop a comprehensive understanding of the project.
• Coordinate subcontract solicitations and job walks
• Develops cash flow schedules and estimates.
• Submit requisitions for purchase of materials.
• Compare competitive trade bids.
• Review preliminary quotes and pre-bid estimates with Project Manager Secure all bid documents (bid forms and quote letters)
• Participate in bid compilation on bid day.
Schedule: Monday - Friday 730am-330pm
Pay: $85,000-100,000 (DOE)
Location: Santa Clarita, CA
• Minimum of 3 years' experience estimating with an electrical contractor
• Familiarity with estimating software’s like Vision Infosoft, Procore, and Bid Manager.
• Working knowledge of electrical installation, estimating techniques, and cost control
• Ability to interpret computerized cost data and systems
• Ability to perform detailed work and successfully meet deadlines
• Must have a stable work history
Please contact Matt Kincaid at 661-254-4026 for more info!
We want you to love us so much you can’t wait to tell your friends!
About SAGE Staffing
Our mission is to be the most referred administrative/office staffing firm in Santa Clarita and the Antelope Valley. We accomplish this by offering our candidates and clients a remarkable hiring experience.
Our back story
SAGE Staffing was founded in Santa Clarita in 1987, when we were one of the first locally owned and operated staffing firms to be established here. Our client list soon included some of the area's best organizations, such as Princess Cruises, Newhall Land and Farming, the City of Santa Clarita, U.S. Borax, Cal Arts and College of the Canyons.
This solid foundation gave us the ability to expand into the Antelope Valley with a second office in Palmdale. SAGE is now trusted by over 2,500 companies in the Santa Clarita, Antelope and San Fernando Valleys. Candidates and clients throughout the area know they can rely on us for a remarkable hiring experience!