Van Nuys, CA 91406
An independent charter school located in the heart of the San Fernando Valley area is seeking to hire an Office Assistant. This is a full-time, long-term temporary position.
In this position, the Office Assistant will coordinate the flow of activities and communication for an academic program; performs a variety of diverse clerical duties in support of an assigned program office and follows directions from school-wide programs affecting academy students; ensures accurate information such as student attendance rosters; answers phones, greets and assists students, parents, and visitors; provides information and direction and assists students, parents, counselors, teachers, deans, and the general public.
- Assist visitors at the office and maintain positive public relations with others
- Respond to inquiries and provide a variety of information to staff, students, parents, and the public
- Answer phones and professionally greet callers, take, and distribute phone messages timely and accurately
- Communicate with other departments, staff, and outside organizations
- Prepare and coordinate schedules and calendars as directed
- Communicate information as needed to parents and students
- Ensure accurate accounting and reporting of student attendance, calling parents, and clearing attendance on a weekly cycle
- Set up, input, and maintain student files
- Maintain confidentiality of student records and interactions with parents
- Assist in the collection of data required for the preparation of reports
- Assist Deans with all matters regarding student records
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with students, parents, other staff members, and the public
- Contact and summon students for counselor and IEP conferences, graduation checks, tutoring, Dean, and teacher requests, lost and found items, social services, and any other pertinent matters
- Compose letters, forms, memoranda, bulletins, reports, flyers, or other materials from detailed or rough copy; compose routine correspondence; proofread completed typing assignments; copying materials
- Input a wide variety of information into assigned computerized database and generate a variety of reports and lists; request or provide information and records as necessary to assure completeness and accuracy
- Receive, sort, and distribute mail; coordinates mailings and copying; prepare and distribute informational packets and bulk mailings as directed
- Assist in monitoring inventory levels of office supplies and materials; assist with ordering, receiving, and maintaining inventory of office supplies and orders placed for other materials required to support the program office.
- Perform related duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- An Associate of Arts degree from a recognized two-year college or equivalent quarter units from a recognized college or university is preferred.
- Advanced computer skills (i.e., experience with Microsoft Suite, Google docs, sheets, forms).
- Ability to interpret and converse bilingually in English and Spanish required
- Detail Oriented. Ability to work with student information systems
- Two years of experience in a similar position strongly preferred
- Knowledge of record keeping and report preparation
- Ability to maintain complete confidentiality of sensitive information
- Understand, interpret, and apply pertinent rules, guidelines and procedures pertaining to student admissions and records
- Must be adept at problem-solving, including being able to identify issues and resolve programs in a timely manner
- This position will require proof of full vaccination, Fingerprint Live Scan and TB clearance
Position Type: Long-term, temporary.
Schedule: Full-time; Monday – Friday, 7:30am – 4:30pm
Location: Van Nuys, CA.
Apply right away or call 661.254.4026 for a same day interview. We can't wait to hear from you!
We want you to love us so much you can’t wait to tell your friends!
About SAGE Staffing
Our mission is to be the most referred administrative/office staffing firm in Santa Clarita and the Antelope Valley. We accomplish this by offering our candidates and clients a remarkable hiring experience.
Our back story
SAGE Staffing was founded in Santa Clarita in 1987, when we were one of the first locally owned and operated staffing firms to be established here. Our client list soon included some of the area's best organizations, such as Princess Cruises, Newhall Land and Farming, the City of Santa Clarita, U.S. Borax, Cal Arts and College of the Canyons.
This solid foundation gave us the ability to expand into the Antelope Valley with a second office in Palmdale. SAGE is now trusted by over 2,500 companies in the Santa Clarita, Antelope and San Fernando Valleys. Candidates and clients throughout the area know they can rely on us for a remarkable hiring experience!