Palmdale, CA 93550 US
A Public Sector Agency located in the Antelope Valley is seeking an Office Clerk to join their team for a 6 months, temporary assignment. We are looking for candidates with the ability to work diligently to help maintain smooth office operations. You must be reliable and hardworking with great communication skills.
The Office Clerk will perform various clerical duties related to the assigned functional area and department. Responsible for greeting persons entering establishment, determining nature and purpose of visit, and directing or escorting them to specific destinations. Incumbent will undertake a variety of activities in the office ranging from filing and answering the phone to basic customer service.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as a receptionist; greet visitors, answer the telephones, take messages, and direct them appropriately
- Provide accurate, friendly customer service and information about establishment, such as location of departments or offices, employees within the organization, or services provided
- Perform a wide variety of routine clerical work, including filing, copying, scanning, billing, and data entry
- Collect and process fees and charges for citations
- Type, proofread and process a variety of documents including general correspondence and memos
- Sort and file documents and records
- Collect, sort, distribute, or prepare mail, messages, or courier deliveries.
- Perform related duties, as assigned.
- High School Diploma or a GED equivalent required
- One year of clerical support experience in a fast-paced, professional, and customer-service oriented environment
- Customer Service Experience is highly desirable
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is strongly preferred but not required
- Ability to provide excellent customer service to employees and the public, including the ability to handle conflicts and complaints
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to remain poised and maintain a professional appearance
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to produce work that is accurate, thorough, and complete
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Knowledge of standard office practices and equipment.
- Ability to manage time effectively, coordinate multiple projects simultaneously, work in an environment with constant interruptions, consistently meet deadlines, and be flexible to changing priorities
Pay Range: $16.00 - $18.00/hour (DOE)
Job Type: Full-time, temporary approximately 6 months
Schedule: Monday – Thursday, 4/10 schedule
Hours: 7:00AM – 6:00PM
Location: Palmdale, CA
Apply right away or call 661.254.4026 and ask for Matt. We can't wait to hear from you!
We want you to love us so much you can’t wait to tell your friends!
About SAGE Staffing
Our mission is to be the most referred administrative/office staffing firm in Santa Clarita and the Antelope Valley. We accomplish this by offering our candidates and clients a remarkable hiring experience.
Our back story
SAGE Staffing was founded in Santa Clarita in 1987, when we were one of the first locally owned and operated staffing firms to be established here. Our client list soon included some of the area's best organizations, such as Princess Cruises, Newhall Land and Farming, the City of Santa Clarita, U.S. Borax, Cal Arts and College of the Canyons.
This solid foundation gave us the ability to expand into the Antelope Valley with a second office in Palmdale. SAGE is now trusted by over 2,500 companies in the Santa Clarita, Antelope and San Fernando Valleys. Candidates and clients throughout the area know they can rely on us for a remarkable hiring experience!