Lancaster, CA 93535
A multi-specialty medical group in Lancaster, CA. is looking for an experienced and detail-oriented Payroll Assistant to join their team. This is a full-time, temp-to-hire opportunity to work with a great company that offers competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package upon conversion.
The Payroll Assistant will assist in all payroll-related tasks including timekeeping, reporting, payroll processing, employee and supervisor inquiries, and other duties as assigned. The ideal candidate will have payroll processing experience working in the medical industry preferably in a fast-paced work environment.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain wage information on each employee.
- Maintain all workers' compensation reports and records as pertains to payroll.
- Respond to written and verbal employee verifications.
- Utilize payroll system biweekly to post wage information by type of hours worked and special pay
- Process required checks immediately, with appropriate state and federal taxes.
- Prepare bi-weekly payroll reports. Review for accuracy.
- Maintain files in an organized and systematic fashion.
- Review changes in ADP and calculate retro pay, if applicable.
- Validate 401k file totals and fund them bi-weekly in Fidelity
- Send payroll reports to accountants and finance departments bi-weekly
- Pull live checks out of ADP bi-weekly packages and prepare them for distribution at each location for employee pick-up. Mail out appropriate checks.
- Possess adequate knowledge of personnel policies and procedures.
- Have knowledge of wage and order labor laws.
- Have knowledge of payroll taxation requirements.
- Process timesheet corrections in ADP timekeeping system.
- Review new hires for accuracy
- Review and update employee time profiles in ADP, as needed.
- Respond to employee and supervisor inquiries relating to timekeeping and payroll.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent qualification required.
- Courses in bookkeeping, accounting, and data processing desirable.
- One year experience in payroll, human resources or equivalent.
- Telephone and e-mail etiquette.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills.
- Self-motivated and ability to work without close supervision.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and ethical standards.
- Ability to work with all levels of management.
- Ability to work in multi-task, high stress environment.
- Critical thinking skills.
- Can prioritize and manage workflow with accuracy and speed.
Position Type: Full-time, temp-to-hire
Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:00AM – 5:00PM
Pay Range: $16 – $20 per hour, depending on experience.
Location: Lancaster, CA
Give us a call right away to schedule a same day interview with one of our recruiters! We can’t wait to hear from you!
We want you to love us so much you can’t wait to tell your friends!
About SAGE Staffing
Our mission is to be the most referred administrative/office staffing firm in Santa Clarita and the Antelope Valley. We accomplish this by offering our candidates and clients a remarkable hiring experience.
Our back story
SAGE Staffing was founded in Santa Clarita in 1987, when we were one of the first locally owned and operated staffing firms to be established here. Our client list soon included some of the area's best organizations, such as Princess Cruises, Newhall Land and Farming, the City of Santa Clarita, U.S. Borax, Cal Arts and College of the Canyons.
This solid foundation gave us the ability to expand into the Antelope Valley with a second office in Palmdale. SAGE is now trusted by over 2,500 companies in the Santa Clarita, Antelope and San Fernando Valleys. Candidates and clients throughout the area know they can rely on us for a remarkable hiring experience!