Payroll Technician (Hybrid)
Lancaster, CA 93535
A network of non-profit charter schools in Lancaster, CA. is looking for an experienced Payroll Coordinator to join their team. This is a full-time, temp-to-hire opportunity for the right candidate that really proves themselves to be an asset to the company.
The Payroll Technician will perform technical and complex payroll accounting activities. Responsibilities include preparation, maintenance, processing, analysis and auditing of manual and automated payroll data, information, records, and reports. This position will serve as a resource to Payroll team members to ensure accuracy and completeness of payroll transactions and provide guidance on related payroll issues.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review and screen biweekly time sheets for accuracy
- Receive and compute all payrolls, make appropriate deductions for taxes, retirement, insurances, and other authorized deductions
- Processes wage garnishments, levies, and other legal withholdings
- Process out of cycle checks and final pay checks
- Maintain appropriate internal controls and procedures for payroll activities
- Audit timekeeping records for compliance with established company policies
- Provide customer support for all employee payroll-related questions and resolve issues/discrepancies; collaborate with departmental managers as needed
- Work with the Finance Team to reconcile payroll data processing records with District encumbrance systems for budget monitoring
- Work with the Finance Team to establish new school accounts in payroll system
- Reconcile payroll errors generated by data programming changes initiated by payroll system
- Establish master employee payroll record file for information entry into payroll system
- Provide recommendations for improvements in processes and/or quality of information reported
- Provided reports and correspondence as necessary
- Perform additional duties as assigned
- Adherence to attendance policies
- High Diploma Graduate or General Education Diploma equivalent; college coursework/degree in accounting preferred.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in the field of Payroll.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Intermediate experience with payroll software programs.
- 10-key by touch.
- Experience in benefits and basic Human Resources policies preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with strong attention to detail and good organizational skills.
Job Type: Full-time, temp-to-hire!
Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm
Location: Lancaster, CA.
Apply right away or call 661.254.4026 and ask for a same day interview with one of our recruiters. We can't wait to hear from you!
We want you to love us so much you can’t wait to tell your friends!
About SAGE Staffing
Our mission is to be the most referred administrative/office staffing firm in Santa Clarita and the Antelope Valley. We accomplish this by offering our candidates and clients a remarkable hiring experience.
Our back story
SAGE Staffing was founded in Santa Clarita in 1987, when we were one of the first locally owned and operated staffing firms to be established here. Our client list soon included some of the area's best organizations, such as Princess Cruises, Newhall Land and Farming, the City of Santa Clarita, U.S. Borax, Cal Arts and College of the Canyons.
This solid foundation gave us the ability to expand into the Antelope Valley with a second office in Palmdale. SAGE is now trusted by over 2,500 companies in the Santa Clarita, Antelope and San Fernando Valleys. Candidates and clients throughout the area know they can rely on us for a remarkable hiring experience!