Sun Valley, CA 93534 US
A manufacturer located in Lancaster, CA is seeking a full-time Purchasing Agent to join their team for a long-term temporary assignment. The ideal candidate will have strong attention to detail and excellent communication. We are looking for candidates with knowledge of principles and practices of purchasing and procurement, including contract development, negotiation, and administration.
In this role, the Purchasing Agent plans, organizes, directs, and supervises purchasing and procurement operations within the Finance Department; and performs a variety of technical tasks relative to assigned area of responsibility. Applicants must be resourceful and be able to work independently under pressure, be proactive thinker/self-starter.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recommend and assist in the implementation of goals and objectives; establish schedules and methods for purchasing and procurement operations; implement policies and procedures.
- Plan, prioritize, assign, supervise, and review the work of staff involved in purchasing and procurement.
- Evaluate operations and activities of assigned responsibilities; recommend improvements and modifications; prepare various reports on operations and activities.
- Participate in budget preparation and administration for purchasing operations; prepare cost estimates for budget recommendations; submit justifications for staff, supplies, and equipment; monitor and control expenditure.
- Coordinate with and support departments in preparation of budget estimates for supplies, equipment, and services, including anticipated pricing and product availability issues.
- Prepare, negotiate, and administer a variety of contracts; prepare and/or assist in preparing bid specifications; review all purchase requisitions or orders relative to approvals and compliance with purchasing policies, practices, and regulations.
- Ensure all new staff receives onboarding training. Track and manage violations of purchasing policy, make recommendations for correction.
- Develop, update, and implement a Contract Performance Management program, to include annual evaluations, and provide performance management guidance to Departments who manage multi-year contracts.
- Administer the fixed asset program, including transfer/disposal of surplus, salvage, and/or obsolete equipment.
- Answer questions and provide information to the public; investigate complaints and recommend corrective action as necessary to resolve complaints; represent the department and city in relations with vendors and public agencies.
- Participate in the selection of staff; provide or coordinate staff training; work with employees to correct deficiencies; implement discipline procedures
- Perform related duties as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred.
- Four years of increasingly responsible experience in public purchasing and procurement, including one year of lead responsibility experience is highly desirable.
- Certification as a purchasing professional is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of purchasing and procurement, including contract development, negotiation, and administration.
- Knowledge of principles of supervision, training and performance evaluations, budget preparation and monitoring, and safety management.
- Knowledge of pertinent local, State, and Federal laws, ordinances, and rules.
- Ability to organize, implement, and direct purchasing and procurement operations/activities.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing, and make effective public presentations.
- Advanced skill in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, and PowerPoint; proficiency in common office equipment, i.e. printer, scanner, copier, and fax machine.
Pay Range: $25.00 – $30.00/hour (DOE)
Schedule: Full-time, Monday through Friday.
Hours: 8:00AM – 5:00PM
Location: Sun Valley, CA
Apply right away or call 661.254.4026 and ask for Matt. We can't wait to hear from you!
We want you to love us so much you can’t wait to tell your friends!
About SAGE Staffing
Our mission is to be the most referred administrative/office staffing firm in Santa Clarita and the Antelope Valley. We accomplish this by offering our candidates and clients a remarkable hiring experience.
Our back story
SAGE Staffing was founded in Santa Clarita in 1987, when we were one of the first locally owned and operated staffing firms to be established here. Our client list soon included some of the area's best organizations, such as Princess Cruises, Newhall Land and Farming, the City of Santa Clarita, U.S. Borax, Cal Arts and College of the Canyons.
This solid foundation gave us the ability to expand into the Antelope Valley with a second office in Palmdale. SAGE is now trusted by over 2,500 companies in the Santa Clarita, Antelope and San Fernando Valleys. Candidates and clients throughout the area know they can rely on us for a remarkable hiring experience!