Recruiting Assistant (Remote)
Lancaster, CA 93534 US
A network of non-profit public schools in Lancaster, CA. is looking for a Recruiting Assistant to help facilitate the company's hiring process and support the recruitment and onboarding activities of their team. This is a full-time, temporary assignment that is scheduled to last about three to six months with strong possibility of being extended. This position is fully remote.
In this role, the Recruiting Assistant will support the company’s human resources department with recruitment duties to ensure that all recruitment procedures run smoothly. Additionally, you will be responsible for scheduling calls and interviews, maintaining candidate database and handling paperwork. We need someone who is highly detail oriented; able to use good judgment and maintain a high level of confidentiality and sensitivity. If you have experience in recruiting and are an excellent organizer and communicator, we would like to meet you.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Recruitment Department with all administrative tasks (copying, sorting, filing, scanning)
- Create applicant tracking folders
- Maintain tracking of hiring requisitions received from the Corporate Recruiters
- Helping with initial applicant screening.
- Developing job descriptions and posting job opportunity advertisements.
- Pre-screen applicants and review resumes for HR and department managers.
- Scheduling and conducting interviews for suitable applicants.
- Identifying and filtering candidates through various sources and platforms.
- Helping with new employee on-boarding paperwork and orientations.
- Conduct employment references checks and process background checks.
- Data entry of applicant records and employment information into HRIS system.
- Performing various administrative duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- College degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field preferred.
- General knowledge of Human Resources.
- At least one year of experience as a recruitment assistant or related role.
- High volume recruiting experience strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with hiring practices and stages (screening, interview, assessment, onboarding).
- Experience using recruiting software and social networks for recruiting.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Willing to work as part of a team or independently and have the drive to take on a variety of tasks and projects
- Expertise in Corporate Recruiting
- Familiar with office applications and software, as well as Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS)
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Pay Range: $18.00/hour
Schedule: Full-time, 40 hours per week.
Hours: 8:00am – 5:00pm Monday through Friday
Apply right away or call 661.254.4026 and ask for Matt. We can't wait to hear from you!
We want you to love us so much you can’t wait to tell your friends!
About SAGE Staffing
Our mission is to be the most referred administrative/office staffing firm in Santa Clarita and the Antelope Valley. We accomplish this by offering our candidates and clients a remarkable hiring experience.
Our back story
SAGE Staffing was founded in Santa Clarita in 1987, when we were one of the first locally owned and operated staffing firms to be established here. Our client list soon included some of the area's best organizations, such as Princess Cruises, Newhall Land and Farming, the City of Santa Clarita, U.S. Borax, Cal Arts and College of the Canyons.
This solid foundation gave us the ability to expand into the Antelope Valley with a second office in Palmdale. SAGE is now trusted by over 2,500 companies in the Santa Clarita, Antelope and San Fernando Valleys. Candidates and clients throughout the area know they can rely on us for a remarkable hiring experience!