Van Nuys, CA 91406
An independent charter high school located in the heart of the San Fernando Valley area is seeking to hire a Registrar to perform various complex clerical and record keeping duties related to the enrollment, graduation, or withdrawal of high school students. This is a full-time, long-term temporary position.
In this position, the Registrar will evaluate, process, maintain and record course work and credits, student grades, grade point averages and test scores. Receive, establish, and evaluates records, update files with class credits and grades, and evaluates records for compliance with graduation requirements. Maintain and archive academic records. We are looking for candidates with strong attention to detail and excellent organization skills.
- Prepare, maintain, modify, and evaluate records/transcripts for incoming students
- Input data regarding current and new students including grades, credits, test scores, attendance, and other student information into an assigned computer system; generate a variety of computerized lists and reports related to student information
- Prepare a variety of letters, forms, applications, packets, memoranda, reports, and correspondence related to assigned activities; distribute materials and information to students, staff, parents, and the public
- Update student records regarding credits and courses needed for graduation; discuss credits and grades with counselors as appropriate; communicate with administrators/teachers regarding grade changes, omissions, and incompletes
- Prepare transcripts, academic, health, and other records as requested
- Compile list of potential graduates and submit to appropriate administrators/teachers; prepare and proof the diploma list; compute GPA’s and prepare class ranking
- Prepare and maintain a variety of detailed narrative and statistical records related to eligibility for graduation; maintain confidentiality of records and information
- Respond to inquiries from students, parents, and staff concerning student information
- Receive telephone calls, greet visitors, and provide information and assistance to students, parents, staff and the public regarding student grades, enrollment and related policies and procedures
- Distribute, collect, and process report cards and variety of specialized forms and applications; review for completeness and accuracy
- Participate in a variety of assigned activities such as withdrawing exiting students and enrolling new students
- Perform related duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- An Associate of Arts degree from a recognized two-year college or equivalent quarter units from a recognized college or university is preferred.
- Advanced computer skills (i.e. experience with Microsoft Suite, Google docs, sheets, forms).
- Organized. Detail Oriented. Ability to work with student information systems.
- Two years of experience in a similar position strongly preferred
- Knowledge of Transcript evaluation, maintenance and processing methods, procedures and guidelines preferred.
- Ability to maintain complete confidentiality of sensitive information
- Must be adept at problem-solving, including being able to identify issues and resolve programs in a timely manner.
- This position will require proof of full vaccination, Fingerprint Live Scan and TB clearance
Position Type: Long-term, temporary.
Schedule: Full-time; Monday – Friday from 7:30am – 4:30pm
Location: Van Nuys, CA.
Apply right away or call 661.254.4026 for a same day interview. We can't wait to hear from you!
We want you to love us so much you can’t wait to tell your friends!
About SAGE Staffing
Our mission is to be the most referred administrative/office staffing firm in Santa Clarita and the Antelope Valley. We accomplish this by offering our candidates and clients a remarkable hiring experience.
Our back story
SAGE Staffing was founded in Santa Clarita in 1987, when we were one of the first locally owned and operated staffing firms to be established here. Our client list soon included some of the area's best organizations, such as Princess Cruises, Newhall Land and Farming, the City of Santa Clarita, U.S. Borax, Cal Arts and College of the Canyons.
This solid foundation gave us the ability to expand into the Antelope Valley with a second office in Palmdale. SAGE is now trusted by over 2,500 companies in the Santa Clarita, Antelope and San Fernando Valleys. Candidates and clients throughout the area know they can rely on us for a remarkable hiring experience!