Specialist, Worker's Comp & LOA (HR)
Lancaster, CA 93535
A network of non-profit public schools in Lancaster, CA. is looking for a Workers Compensation & Leave of Absence Specialist to join their team. We are looking for enthusiastic candidates that have great attention to detail, are self-starters, fast learners, and can provide exceptional service in an interactive team environment.
In this role, you will be responsible for various duties related to Workers Compensation and Leave of Absence. These duties will include reporting, leave designation, law and policy compliance, coordination, modified work, Americans with Disabilities Interactive Process, reinstatement, and return to work processes. This position works with employees and management in supporting designated geographic regions.
- Ensures timely and accurate processing of workers' compensation claims and leave of absence requests.
- Administer workers’ compensation claims according to established guidelines from initial intake to resolution.
- Maintaining the accuracy and integrity of all records.
- Ensure timely reporting of all claims.
- Providing support to injured workers to identify modified work within work restrictions.
- Ability to handle and maintain highly confidential and sensitive information and adhere to all relevant policies, practices, and procedures.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to manage multiple priorities and to be accountable for own work results for effective and timely completion of work assignments in a fast-paced work environment.
Job Type: Full-time
Schedule: Monday through Friday; 8:00am – 5:00pm
Location: Lancaster, CA.
Pay Range: $20–25/hour, depending on experience.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field degree (preferred).
- SHRM Certification (preferred).
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in an HR/Leave Admin/Employment Law related position.
- Previous experience with high volume leave of absence administration (preferred).
- In-depth knowledge of federal and state leave related regulations.
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
We want you to love us so much you can’t wait to tell your friends!
About SAGE Staffing
Our mission is to be the most referred administrative/office staffing firm in Santa Clarita and the Antelope Valley. We accomplish this by offering our candidates and clients a remarkable hiring experience.
Our back story
SAGE Staffing was founded in Santa Clarita in 1987, when we were one of the first locally owned and operated staffing firms to be established here. Our client list soon included some of the area's best organizations, such as Princess Cruises, Newhall Land and Farming, the City of Santa Clarita, U.S. Borax, Cal Arts and College of the Canyons.
This solid foundation gave us the ability to expand into the Antelope Valley with a second office in Palmdale. SAGE is now trusted by over 2,500 companies in the Santa Clarita, Antelope and San Fernando Valleys. Candidates and clients throughout the area know they can rely on us for a remarkable hiring experience!